Friday, December 28, 2012

Bokeh Lights

   Bokeh is when the lights in a photo become big round circles, and it looks really neat. To do so, you need to put your camera at its lowest aperture. I used f/1.8. Then put the whole photo out of focus, or just focus on a select object, causing the background to big out of focus. This will make the lights into the round circles that look so cool.






   I recently learned on Pinterest that you can change the shape of the lights from round to whatever shape you want. To do this, you take some dark colored card stock, cut it in a circle the size of your lens, and then punch out a shape in the middle. This will cause the lights to be the shape of the cutout. So I decided to do a butterfly shape one, and one with a triangle design. 
These are my very hi-tech hoods for my lens:




And this is how it turned out:





Pretty cool, huh?









1 comment :