Friday, December 14, 2012

Monochromatic Still Lifes


            For my midterm portfolio, I chose to compile a six-image portfolio of monochromatic still lifes. Each photo was of a different scene in which every object in the scene was the same color. The colors I chose to photograph were red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple. I chose these colors because I thought they encompassed the six basic colors, and therefore would provide enough variety in my images. I decided on these final six images because I wanted to have a range of tight, medium, and wide shots. I also wanted to have some images be portrait and some landscape orientations.  I feel as though I successfully managed to do this.
            Often times when people think of a scene with all one color, they may imagine it being unappealing, due to everything being the same color. I hope that my portfolio will illustrate to the viewer that objects can stand apart, and be visually interesting in a monochromatic scene. Even though everything in the scene is the same color one can still pick out individual objects. The scene merges together as one, but it does not just become a single blur of color.  














No comments :

Post a Comment